Daley and Desiree Paterson... established December 18, 2010







Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2011 Recap

So I definitely procrastinated blogging just like I do with school work. (Not a habit I'm proud of) Anyways Christmas break was so much fun and definitely not long enough. I was able to relax and veg and not think about school for 2 weeks. During the first week of my break I watched a lot of Bones. :) It's one of my favourite tv shows.
Daley and I spent Christmas Eve/Christmas day at my parents house. On Christmas Eve we had ham buns for dinner instead of our traditional ham dinner. Last year my parent's started a "Speed" tournament (it's a card game.. aka spit), so we continued the tradition again this year. The winner was Julia.. she never lost a game! We also were able to read the Christmas story and got new pj bottoms, which is the tradition every year.
This year for Christmas was a little bit different for a couple of reasons. First of all this was the first Christmas that Daley was able to spend with my family. That was really nice because then he got to experience what Christmas was to me growing up. Second, Christmas was on a Sunday so we attended sacrament meeting and then were able to go home and open stockings/presents. Last but not least my parents had the missionaries and a man from our ward over.
Daley and I got so spoiled this year. I got a MICHE bag and wallet from my parents (since my mom was not impressed with the state of my wallet and other purses), the Harry Potter book set in hardcover from Daley, a DVD from my brother, and yoga pants, sweater and movie night out coupon from my in laws... in addition to some stocking stuffers (mostly hygiene related). :) I guess Santa was trying to tell me something. Since the missionaries were over we couldn't spend all day watching movies so we played Quelf, speed, and other games.
On Boxing day we headed down to Cardston to spend time with Daley's family. It was nice to be able to spend time vegging out and eating lots of yummy food. I also got to hear some awesome news... I'm going to be an auntie .. AGAIN! haha My sister in law Brynley is pregnant. I'm super excited for her and Ari!
I spent New Year's with my family and the missionaries. We had our traditional meal of appetizers (ribs, wings, veggies, fruit and cheese and crackers). Unfortunately I was husbandless as Daley was heading to Provo to spend time with Jensen and Vivian (his brother and sister-in-law). Basically the break was AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment